The “Event-Driven Legal℠” investment-research service follows significant legal disputes to provide actionable investment ideas that are non-correlated with the market. MDC generally focuses this service on legal disputes which exhibit the potential to move a public company’s share-price by at least 5%.
The ways that MDC aims to support the investment returns of its institutional clients include:
- Locating significant legal situations;
- Alerting of potential future volatility events and providing estimates of timing;
- Educating clients on case histories and other information in preparation for catalysts;
- Reporting the parties’ arguments and other legal developments;
- Attending trials and/or hearings in an effort to provide timely on-site updates;
- Watching dockets closely with in-house automated software in an effort to break news;
- Estimating potential impact to share-price; and
- Answering client questions on our research, specific cases, or other related issues.
The Event-Driven Legal Service℠ has provided, and/or currently plans to provide, research on companies with the following ticker symbols:
MDC has been providing its “Event-Driven Legal℠” investment-research service since 2009, and MDC’s Director of Research has been following legal disputes for investment purposes for more than 13 years.
This service is typically only available to institutional investors. MDC works closely with its clients in what it terms an “Outsourced Buy-Side℠” research model. This is an all-inclusive subscription model that provides additional expertise and time-intensive research to assist buy-side firms in expanding their internal capabilities. We aim to support the investment returns of our clients in the areas where we believe markets are the least efficient. This service is typically only $5,000 per quarter and soft-dollar billable.
Please call MDC Financial Research at (510) 894-4476, or email us at Info@MDCFinancial.com, for more information. (MDC Financial Research, LLC is a State-Registered Investment Advisor, and its “Form ADV Part 2 – Brochure” is available upon request.)